ICL PeaK MKP 20 lb.
PeaK (MKP, monopotassium phosphate, KH2PO4) is the last word in specialty fertilizers for hydroponics, fertigation, foliar nutrition and special starters. PeaK is a solid, fully water-soluble PK fertilizer containing 52% P2O5 and 34% K2O, making it the most concentrated commercial fertilizer known (P2O5+K2O = 86%).
PeaK is a very user-, crop-, and environment-friendly, because of the following features:
- It is a high analysis fertilizer, composed almost entirely of plant nutrients in assimilable forms (K+ and H2PO4-), suited for quick uptake by plants;
- It is very low in impurities, and therefore leaves no harmful residues in the solution or in the soil, and causes no clogging of pipes and drippers;
- It is rich in K and chloride free, and therefore is ideal as a potassium source for chloride-sensitive crops (tobacco, flowers, grapes, etc.);
- It is very low in both chloride (max 20 ppm) and sodium (max 50 ppm), an important point for fertigation in soilless culture with recycled water, and ideal for the most sensitive and delicate crops;
- It has the lowest salt index (8.4) among known soluble fertilizer salts, which makes it ideal for foliar application, as a starter fertilizer, and for seed beds and transplants;
- It has excellent physical properties, being a non-hygroscopic, free-flowing white crystalline product, which does not cake, and dissolves easily and rapidly in water;
- In its solid form, PeaK is a P source that is easier and safer to handle and to apply than technical grade phosphoric acid.
PeaK is intended for use as a specialty fertilizer in intensive agriculture and horticulture, for vegetables, fruits and flowers in greenhouses as well as in the open field. It may be used either for direct application or as an intermediate to give the desired solid mix or nutrient solution for compound NPK mixtures (e.g., PeaK is ideal for mixes with KNO3 and ammonium nitrate).
PeaK is the ideal basic ingredient for all types of hydroponic liquid formulations, and provides tailor-made nutrient solutions for fertigation.
PeaK, as a nitrogen-free fertilizer, provides a way to control the N level in fertilization formulae, either by choosing the best complementary N form or by avoiding N application, in accordance with the changing physiological requirements of the crops. Leading farmers worldwide use PeaK for a wide range of crops, including tomatoes, eggplants, melons, cucumbers, lettuce, grapes, peaches, avocado, grapefruit, etc.
PeaK for Foliar Nutrition Foliar spraying of PeaK is an excellent way to provide a supplement of P and K to the crops. The important phenological stages, at which there are high P and K requirements are the transition from the vegetative to the reproductive stage (pre-bloom and bloom), the maturing stages and during crop ripening. The rapid absorption of phosphates and potassium by the leaf tissues, and their excellent mobility within the tissues, and the environmental safety and nutrient value of the product, make PeaK an ideal foliar fertilizer. Its low salt index ensures that there will be no scorching or burning of the leaves.
PeaK has proved effective in controlling powdery mildew fungus in a variety of susceptible crops such as grapes, apples, nectarines, mangoes, roses, melons, watermelons and cucumbers. When applied foliarly, PeaK fills a double role: to control powdery mildew, and to supply nutrients for increasing crop vigor and improving fruit quality.
PeaK is an integral component of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programs, and has been registered with the USEPA (United States Environmental Protection Agency) since 1998 as a 'biopesticide'. A program that alternates applications of PeaK with conventional fungicides to control powdery mildew is more cost-effective than the use of fungicides alone, and can delay the development of fungicidal resistance during the season.
PeaK is used as a buffer additive to tank mixes of pesticides. Thanks to its optimal acidity (pH 4.5), the active ingredients spread their activity over a longer period of time by avoiding quick hydrolysis in alkaline water.
The PeaK concentration used in foliar sprays is 1-3%.
PeaK applications Hydroponic systems; Greenhouse crops; Open-field fertigated crops; Foliar applications; Liquid feeds and stock solutions; Water-soluble NPK mixtures; Straight application.
MonoPotassium Phosphate is the best source of phosphorus for hydroponic nutrient formulas. With 52% P2O5 and 34% K2O. One gram in one gallon of water yeilds 60ppm Phosphorus and 75ppm Potassium.
sold as 2 gallon bucket ( 20 pounds).