Solution Grade Gypsum
Calcium Sulfate fertilizer
50 pound bag
22% calcium and 17% sulfur
AGC “Gypsum is our business, Custom is our creed”
The ACG Materials Valu-Fil® 650 Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate, is a very fine, free-flowing, odorless, tasteless white powder produced by fine-grinding and air separating a select grade of high-purity white gypsum. Water soluble, solution grade fertilizer.
- Improved Soil Structure - Gypsum provides calcium which can flocculate clay soils and reduce the swelling of smectite clays. These mechanisms tend to loosen compacted clay soils and open pore spaces improving the penetration of water, air, and roots into the soil.
- Increased Water Infiltration - As the soil structure improves, the water infiltration rate and hydraulic conductivity of the soil increases.
- Crust Prevention - Using gypsum to increase the electrolyte concentration of the irrigation water can prevent depositional crusts on soil surfaces which can adversely affect water infiltration rates and seed emergence.
- Better Moisture Retention- Gypsum helps the soil take in and retain moisture, improving the soil’s water-use efficiency which is especially critical in times of drought.
- Fertilization - Gypsum supplies bio-available calcium and sulfur, elements vital to proper plant growth and development.
- Enhanced Nutrient Absorption -The calcium supplied in gypsum is essential to the biochemical mechanisms by which most nutrients are absorbed. It regulates the balance of micronutrients in grass plants and optimizes the calcium to magnesium ratio in soils.
- Environmentally Safe - Valu-Fil 650 is inert and non-toxic. It is mined from the same gypsum deposit as Allied Custom Gypsum’s food and pharmaceutical grade calcium sulfate.
ACG Materials brand of aolution grade Calcium Sulfate, is a high purity, fine, soft white dihydrate form of gypsum with a specific gravity of 2.32, a typical pH of 7.5. Typical average particle diameter of ACG Valu-Fil is 18 microns. Maximum solubility in water is 2 grams per liter or 7.7 grams per gallon.
Can not be used in concentrated stock solutions.