11-0-0 with 9.3% magnesium
17.5 Pounds in a 2 Gallon Plastic Bucket
Magnesium Nitrate Hexahydrate Fertilizer
ICL Select Magnific is ideal for use in hydroponic, fertigation and in foliar-feeding schemes, and it can be equally successfully used for field crops, orchards, flower crops and protected crops in tunnels or greenhouses. When properly stored it is free-flowing prill. It has a relatively low salt-index of ~60. ICL Select Magnific has a chemical formula of Mg(NO3)2 x 6H2O and a molecular weight of 256.4.
Magnesium has many functions in the plant. It is a central structural component of the green chlorophyll molecule, which is responsible for capturing light energy and using it to split the water molecule into its hydrogen and oxygen parts. It is an activator of several enzymes, and specifically required, by a large number of enzymes involved in phosphate transfer. Mg is also related to stimulation of P uptake.
- Select Magnific is an excellent source of magnesium for plants. Magnesium is the central atom in the chlorophyll molecule, see figure. Therefore, suboptimal availability of magnesium to the crop reduces the photosynthetic capacity of the plants, and hence, their agronomic performances will be impaired.
- Select Magnific is practically free of chloride, fluoride, sodium, heavy-metals, and other harmful elements for plants and people.
- Select Magnific produces slightly acidic solutions, e.g. a 0.1% concentration solution has a pH=5.6, which promotes its fast absorption in the foliage of the sprayed target crops. Also, when applied by fertigation, this slightly acidic pH helps maintaining optimal environment for chelated trace elements that are tank-mixed with the Select Magnific
- The combination of the nitrate anion and the magnesium cation in the composition of Select Magnific causes a high drive for the magnesium to be taken up by the plant roots, because the nitrate, its counter-anion is preferentially taken up by the roots.
- Select Magnific enjoys three important advantages when used for fertigation, especially under soilless conditions:
- It does not contain ammoniacal nitrogen.
- Unlike other magnesium carriers, it will not cause accumulation of accompanying ions, such as sulfate, phosphate, or chloride, which may increase the EC of the nutrient solution without any nutritional benefit.
- Its nitrate ingredient enhances the uptake of other nutrient cations, e.g. Ca, K, Cu, Fe, Mn and Zn.
- ICL Select Magnific is taken up by the plant very rapidly, especially when foliarly-applied, and provides therefore, a quick nutritive response of the treated plant. Crops Mg-deficiency stress is thereby markedly reduced. The high efficiency of Select Magnific enables to get same results with less product as compared to magnesium-sulfate based products.
- When applied foliarly, Select Magnific can be tank-mixed with a large variety of pesticides due to its high compatibility with them.
One gram of magnesium nitrate in one gallon of water yields about 29ppm Nitrate nitrogen and 25ppm Magnesium. magnesium nitrate is compatible with calcium fertilizers and may be used in concentrated cal-mag fertilizer formulations.
magnesium nitrate properties
||White, or Yellowish-Greenish White flakes
||160g/100g of water at 20ºC (68ºF)
||pH (1% soln.)
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 11 June, 2018.