Sil-MATRIX™ OMRI approved Soluble Potassium Silicate
May be used in Certified Organic production systems according to the USDA National Organic Program rules.
Plant Available Silicon
A Bio-pesticide with Dual Activity, Biorational Disease Control Material
Sil-MATRIX™ is a fungicide, insecticide and miticide
- For use on vegetables, fruits, nuts, vine crops, agronomic crops, ornamentals and turf
- Controls fungal diseases, spider mites, and suppresses whiteflies and other insects
- Can be applied to plant for pest control as a foliar spray or in a hydroponic solution
- Decreases climate stress on crops
- Improves crop vigor and quality
Sil-MATRIX™ has the following effect on powdery mildew.
- Preventative fungicidal activity on powdery mildew
- Amplifies plant defense responses to fungal infection.
- Strengthens and protects plants from the inside out.
- Reduces incidence and severity of powdery mildew under low to heavy disease pressure.
- For suppression of mites including Two-Spot and European Red Mites.
- For suppression of soft-bodied insects including white fly and aphid
- Contact and repellent modes of action
- Soft on beneficial insects
This completely soluble source of potassium silicate is a SAR Inducer, stimulating the plant natural defenses to disease and mite/insect attack.
Most effective when used as part of an Integrated Pest Management System.
SAR Features- Research suggests that the soluble silicon found in Sil-MATRIX™ amplifies plant defense responses to fungal attack.
This results in enhanced plant defenses against attack from powdery mildew, other fungal diseases and insects.
Sil-MATRIX™ is a preventative agent and should be applied ahead of powdery mildew attack. It will not eradicate Powdery Mildew.
Recommended rate is 3 qt/100 gal/acre as a part of an Integrated Pest Management System.
Sil-MATRIX™ can be tank mixed with other fungicides and insecticides to boost control of powdery mildew, insect and mites.(check compatibility and phyto-toxicity first)
Sil-MATRIX™ Specifications and Application Rates
2.5 SiO2:K2O weight ratio (AgSil 25)
1.26 g/cm3(10.5 lb/gal)
|Foliar Application Rates
- Apply no sooner than every 7 days
- Use non-ionic surfactant
|9.5-37.8 mL per gallon
0.25-1% by Volume
|Hydroponic and Fertigation Application Rates
|NFT, DWC & other constantly recirculating hydroponics.
||0.13-0.25 mL per gallon
3-6 ppm Si
|Drip systems, Ebb and Flo & other automatic fertigation systems.
||0.75-0.8 mL per gallon
15-20 ppm Si
|Weekly drenches in soilless or other low silicon soil/media systems.
||1.8 ml per gallon
45-50 ppm Si
Caution: Causes moderate eye irritation. Do not get in eyes or on clothing. Wear goggles or face shield when handling concentrate. After product is diluted in accordance with the directions for use, goggles or face shield are not required. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, or using tobacco. Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- PPE- Coveralls, Chemical resistant gloves made of any waterproof material, shoes and socks, GOGGLES OR FACE SHIELD WHEN HANDLING UNDILUTED CONCENTRATE.
- REI: 4 hours
- PHI: 0 days; Do not make postharvest applications.
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 22 February, 2016.